As parents the most important decision you will ever make after having a kid is deciding which school you should choose for your kids. You need to make the right decision in order to put your kids on the right path towards lifelong learning and to have a successful career afterwards. Therefore parents pay keen interest in selecting the school so that from the very beginning their children get the best place to start their education. That is when they start looking for various sites to know about the top ranking schools in their region or other parts of the country.
There are various sites which will show different school rating for the schools in Michigan. The list may vary because of the various factors considered by the sites to compare them. Here I would like to tell about the best schools which you should consider for advancing knowledge and transforming lives in Michigan.
The school ranking is a way to showcase Michigan’s current school accountability system to tell all the local residents and other people about the top schools in the area, so that they can carefully choose the best for their kids.
Mainly the school ranking is done based on the student’s performance in various subject like English language, arts, science, mathematics, social studies et cetera as well as on co-curricular activities. The rate of graduation is also used to rank high schools.
The ranking is done on the performance of student achievement and student improvement. Every school is also given an achievement gap ranking between the highest and lowest scoring 30% of students within the school. This gap ranking provides valuable information about the performance of Michigan’s public schools and also helps in finding the areas of both weakness and strengths. It also helps in finding the top five percent of schools having highest overall rankings as well as top five percent of schools with the highest improvement values. Those schools which outperform their expected ranking are also considered as the reward schools as they also become the best by beating all the odds.
Last year, Michigan has seven schools which got the gold medals, 93 schools got the silver medal and 159 schools got the bronze medal. You can check the whole list given by the folks of U.S. News Best High Schools.
Since there are several factors which we need to consider while calculating the school’s ranking, here I have taken these factors while creating a list of top schools in Michigan, which are:
- Academics Grade, which is based on the state assessment proficiency and all the survey responses on academics collected from both parents and students.
- District overall grade, which is based on deep analysis of academic and student life information along with millions of reviews from parents and students.
- Teachers Grade, which is based on teacher’s salaries, state test results, their absenteeism and survey responses done on teachers by the parents and students.
- Culture & Diversity, based on the economical and racial diversity as well as responses received on school diversity and culture from parents and students.
After considering all these factors, I have come up with this list of best schools for your kids. Hope it will help you in selecting the best one for your children’s education.
- Troy High School, Troy, MI
- International Academy, Bloomfield’s Hills, MI
- International Academy of Macomb, Chippewa Valley Schools
- Huron High School, Ann Arbor, MI
- City Middle/High School, Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Excel Charter Academy, Grand Rapids, MI
- Okemos High School, Okemos, MI
- Grosse Pointe South High School, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
- Pioneer High School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Novi High School, Novi, MI
This report is a school level assessment based on academic performance and also takes into consideration the socioeconomic status of students while assessing any individual school’s performance.